I am writing from the end of a glorious Fall Break (which I LOVEY LOVE LOVE fall...Did you know that?), where I thoroughly enjoyed the much needed time off. Here's what I did on this wonderful break...
Shopped...
Oh I sure did shop, and it was GOOD! I went shopping at the outlet malls with one of my dear friends of over 15 years. She and I always can pick up where we left off, even if we don't see each other for months. I love a friendship like hers, where it's just easy to be together and enjoy one another's company. Through life's changes, and thick and thin, we have stuck together, and I know that we always will. And by the way, we found some fabulous items to add to our fall wardrobe.
Slept in...
Have I mentioned that I LOOOOOOVE sleeping? Why did I give up all those nap times as a child? I want to take it back now! Or why can't I store up sleep from the summer and use it as needed during the school year? Anyways, I have slept A LOT this Fall Break, and I am not ashamed of it. It has been amazing, especially with all this rain. And I am really good at it too!
Graded/planned for school...
I tried very hard to get everything done before school was out, but there's always more to do. It's okay though, because I got to spend the afternoon on Friday (before it started raining) grading, planning, and reading on OU's Campus with the dog. It was a windy, but lovely day, and I was able to get it all done! YAY! Though I haven't blogged since school has started, I am really loving teaching this year. I feel almost as if I have been "enlightened" this year...Some say your truly better year is your third year, but I am a bit of a slow learner, and this fourth year has been the very very best so far. Now, if I could just teach and not do all that extra stuff! Darn it! But that's not how the world of education works, and I am well aware of that.Read...
I've never really loved reading, but since becoming an English teacher, I have had a real passion for reading reading reading! So right now, I am finishing up One Day by David Nicholls, which I have enjoyed, though not LOVED. So I am on to a new book, but not sure which one to pick next...Twlight Series? 'Tis? Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy? Baby Proof? And the list goes on and on...
Cooked...
I have this increasing passion for cooking, and I love making food for others! It makes me so happy to make something for someone else (my husband, my colleagues, my friends, my family, my students...), and to see them happy, even just for a moment, because of something I made. Maybe I love it too because I can control this small aspect of my life, while so much else changes, for better and for worse. Here's a few things I've tried this week...
Baked Potato Soup
Caramel Apple Cheescake Bars
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting
And a few things I am trying this week...
Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Pumpkin Scones
Relaxed... Or I might say, sat on the couch, watched TV, and added to my new addiction pinterest? I love love love this new website, that connects to other websites, blogs, etc. of fabulous and delicious ideas.
Which brings me to my final bit of Fall Break, relaxing with Chris while watching "Julie & Julia"and eating a dessert of caramel apple cheesecake bars, pumpkin cupcake with salted caramel frosting, and apple cider. Every time I watch this movie, I just about want to cry. I may have written about this before, but I love Julie's blog, Julia's funny phrases, Paris, and the story about two women lost in their lives, who finally find their way because of cooking for others. It's just a movie that leaves you feeling happy and ready to bake soon...What a lovely break it has been!

You made me cry a little. I heart you, dear friend!
ReplyDelete