Can't believe this wonderful summer is coming to an end. It truly has been wonderful - productive, relaxing, fun, and full of memories with people I love. I don't want it to end, on one hand, but I am also looking forward to a new year full of new opportunities, challenges, and surprises.
1. Finish reading Harry Potter, among at least 5 other books.
I finished reading Harry Potter last time I wrote, but I've also been working my way through some Emily Griffin books and The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm also rereading The Help, which I first read last summer. It is one of my very most favorite books, second only to To Kill a Mockingbird. The movie came out this summer, and I was so excited to see it, that I saw it twice the day it came out, once with Mom, Emily, and Aunt Jayne, and then once with all my awesome colleagues. What an incredible story...If you haven't read it, READ IT! I would say this has been a goal that has been met this summer. :)
2. Get healthier with eating and exercise, and be within a healthy BMI.
Though I didn't meet the weight and size goals maybe that I wished for, I am happier and healthier with myself. Now I just need to keep it up with running and exercising on a regular basis.
3. Reorganize and purge my classroom.
Did this last time too...YAY! A new place to start off on a new foot...
4. Paint trim of the house, and maybe a new roof?
We started the process and have the paint, but DANG! It has been way too hot to do anything more. We did get a new roof this week, and it looks lovely!
5. Find a church "home".
Our favorite place is still Journey, and where we'll continue to go this year.
6. Pay off all credit cards... YIKES!
I think this one will be accomplished at the end of this month. What a great feeling that will be!
7. Catch up with our photo albums and framing memories.
Haven't completed all of these projects, but I am glad that I was able to get several done.
8. Reorganize and purge our house.
Yes siree! Again, didn't get all those projects on my list done, but I think I am okay with that.
9. Spend time with people I love every week.
This was a really wonderful part of the summer that I miss out on during the busy busy school year. I'll still spend time with my loved ones as much as I can though!
10. RELAX!
Biggest goal that I have met, and probably needed to as well. I have tried to remember this summer was not just about accomplishing a to do list. I have been able to spend more time than ever relaxing. Very thankful for this summer!
I have high hopes for this year ahead, and of course another set of school year goals, but for now, I'll remember how this summer has been so refreshing! I must keep reminding myself that though I did not accomplish every single little "to do", it was a very successful summer in so many ways. I've had my challenges, but right now, life is GOOD! :) Here's to the end of an awesome summer!

:) Hoping that the wonderful feelings of summer are carrying you through your school year!
ReplyDelete