Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Three Years with Eloise Marie




It doesn't seem possible that our baby is no longer a baby, but a little girl who is now a BIG SISTER! Though I've still got the finishing touches for her two-year blog (sorry Ellie-girl), but wanted to get started before time gets away from us too quickly again.

Three Years Old! 
Weight: 38 lbs 4 oz.
Length: 41 inches



1. Eating?
Ellie the Good-Eater could be her name, but her round, squishy two-year-old body has turned into a tall, slender three-year-old little girl. She is always up for a snack or sweet treat, but still not sure about all the veggie varieties. Her favorite foods are yogurt, pb&j, fruit snacks, "chicken & fries" (Chik-fil-a), and mac n' cheese. She loves to dip her food in anything, including strawberries in ketchup, but has recently loved carrots ("I'm like a bunny"), broccoli (dipped in ranch), and eating apples (bites out of a whole one).






2. Sleeping?
My girl is in a big-girl bed and LOVES it. She never turned back, and hasn't even fallen out once yet. Though it does mean she can get up whenever she needs/wants, which has it's draw backs, she has mostly made a smooth transition to her bed. At first though, she would give up to give us "hugs and kisses" multiple times before actually falling asleep. And she loves playing in her room so much more now too! She doesn't often nap anymore either, which is tricky/tiring now that baby brother is here, but she plays independently really well now so our breaks from one another aren't as HUGE of a necessity as they once were.

Last night in her baby bed...


First night in her big girl bed...I think she was ready!



Thankful she still loves to snuggle with us both...
we've needed these moments the past few months!



3. Milestones?
Eloise is just such a big girl now, in so so many ways. I love being with her, even when she makes me crazy.


This girl loves facing forward in her carseat, 
and looks sweet and comfy in it too!




She's fully potty trained and has been for about 2 months, thanks to big girl panties and Barbies. Woo Hoo! And she LOVES taking baths now, especially with bubbles.


Those buns! 

She talks allll the time, and surprises us daily with words and sentences I never even realized she knew. (Some I need to stop myself though!) We even have whole conversations now! Ellie is learning at lightning speed...from shapes, to counting, to colors, to silly songs...she's a sponge, ready to soak up information and understand new things. She has a funny little lisp going on too, where she adds a "t" sound to the end of any word with an "n". Like "I want this one-t." So so cute!

Spring 2015: Doing yard work in her princess dress







I finally let her paint, and she loves it!


My gorgeous girl's eyes...




Her first scribbles that have started to look like letters!



In March, we added another little friend to our "pack", Logan, in addition to Cash, Ian, and Aspen. We had many adventures with them through the last nine weeks of school, and I am so thankful their parents intrusted us with their babies. Our friendship with these families has continued throughout this year, and though we might not see each other for many weeks, we are are always happy to see them!








For her second birthday, instead of presents we asked for "gifts of time", and got to redeem many of our playdate coupons over the summer. Ellie (and us) is one lucky little lady!



Some of our favorite friends are the Bullers...Ellie plays with them like siblings, 
both loves them and argues with them!




3rd Tiger Cub Club Picnic!
We are so lucky to have ALL of our cousins living nearby, and that we get to see them regularly! We made many new memories with them throughout this past year, and she loves them each so much.



These cute girlies are my cousins twins, and I love seeing their similarities to Ellie. They are a year older, but she's just about the same size.



And she loves all things Disney, pink, sparkly, and princess...but I've learned to accept it because I enjoy seeing her choose and love things that I did as a little girl. I've avoided these things because I have thought they foster a "princess/diva/my way" sort of attitude, but we're figuring it out together. We have to keep her little sassy attitude in check though, as we've seen the "threenager" milestone on the regular as of late.


Meeting Disney princesses for the first time...




This was such a sweet moment...her first time to cry over a movie, "Inside Out".
She needed Daddy to hug.

Sassy shopping girl...she's so much like me it's scary. 


Painting her piggies!


I love these pictures that Chris captures when she's running...it's the closest thing to capturing her spirit!


Sweet and silly girl!

But her heart is pure gold: so sweet and caring to Baby Walt, giving to friends, helper to Momma, and silly with Dadda. She's gorgeous, both inside and out, and I'm amazed at her everyday.

4. Activities and adventures?
We soaked up every minute with her this last year, knowing it would be many lasts with our
only. 



Dadda and Ellie at Auntie Ashley's graduation

Our summer was FULL of fun, that began with the most magical trip to Disney World. Watching the wonder and magic of Disney through her eyes brought us all to tears on several occasions.

Ellie with her Auntie and her Lola!



I love this...captures her wonder at every turn,
experiencing everything for the first time, and amazed by it!










Though she was nervous throughout the trip about meeting characters, she finally warmed up to all the Star Wars dressed characters at our final dinner. 


Lots of last hugs for Mickey!

My little Mouseketeer!

Other summer fun was had and we were outside almost everyday...the Zoo, Farmer's Market, White Water, Science Museum, parks, food trucks, swimming, splash pads, movie nights and playing at the Myriad Gardens, and so much more!












Flower girl



July 4th




And at the end of July, we took the test and found out what we had thought was true...
Ellie was going to be a big sister!

Last Full Moon Bike Ride with Loan and as a family of three!

Our first showcase of all our craftiness! 
Picking peaches...something Ellie still talks about and remembers!


We announced our big news by meeting our family's for dinner with a 
"Big Sister" shirt...they were all excited!



My birthday with my girl and my crazy garden. But I love it!

In the fall and winter, as my belly grew, we spent our mornings snuggling on the couch together, and our afternoons on adventures to the park, zoo, Science Museum, library, mall, and lunch dates that I knew would become more difficult with Walter's arrival.

My morning view...crazy hair and smoothie-drinking!









I love my regular days with my girl (& guy now too)!


More fun from the fall...

Farm Girl Fair with Eloise's Shops!


LOVE these ladies in my family...aunts and cousins!



Ellie says, "WE LOVE FALL!"

Orr Family Farms with Ashley & Lola!




Halloween celebrating...lots of chances to wear her 'Punzel costume and a visit from Grampa Larry!







OU Alumni Band: starting the indoctrination early!
One of my favorite pictures of my porch and these sisters!

Fun with Mimi & Papa on OU's beautiful campus!





And an anniversary tradition...a picnic on the South Oval under our favorite tree!



Fall Festival, and found out we were having a BOY!

Polar Express with the whole Cash Clan!







Thanksgiving Celebrations!




As you'll read more below...Christmas was so special this year. We did our first advent calendar, and each day was magical in different ways. Loved watching her experience it all!



After a yucky day for Momma, we did get to celebrate Dadda's birthday with a movie!

Norman's Christmas Parade...Ellie loved it!




Christmas tree time!

Our favorite place to see Santa, at the Devon Tower!




One of our favorite family traditions: Christmas lights on Christmas Eve Eve



And long awaited Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!!!


Decorating cookies with Momma and writing Santa a letter with Dadda

She's ready for Santa!


Sweet sleeping girl!



Princess Ellie loved her Christmas


Christmas continued in Nebraska and Grampa Larry's...





First and only snow this year...and much more fun!



That face!


Haha!

Love this shot of Ellie and my Walt belly!

One of our last pics before Walt arrived!


These are from the day before we went to be induced with baby boy...
sweet final hours captured in these two pictures.



Our last minutes with our gorgeous girl!

And then a beautiful boy came into our lives! 
First family picture!

Visting Walter Christian in the NICU...



What a beautiful boy and big sister!

And we are FINALLY home!
In those first days, Ellie was so sweet and wanted to help with and hold Walt all the time. 
I guess you could say we ALL fell in love.


That face!



One of my favorites after we arrived home...this moment brought me to tears actually!

Sweet sleeping babies





Our last day together before Dadda had to go back to work...
visiting the beautiful tulips at the Myriad Gardens!





Walt's newborn pictures at home...Love them so much!



Good gracious girl! You are too sweet.



Easter weekend celebrations...



My babies!






The evenings have been times with Dadda: listening to Disney songs and dancing, playing with Barbie's, or just wrestling and being wild. Sometimes they might feel like marathons, but we're doing it together!





Ellie love her Dadda!






We didn't watch any other kiddos this year, but took the opportunity/freedom for playdates of our own, and enjoyed so many simple things together, and lots and lots of desserts. I'm so thankful we've had this time with her.




5. Favorite item? 
Her favorite item is most definitely her babies and her Barbie's. She could play with them all day long and often does, which reminds me a lot of myself. Our favorite item/thing for Ellie right now is music. As they say, "the days are long but the years are short", and sometimes our days do feel like the latter. Music, and specifically Disney radio, helps us all to have something new to do together, whether it's dancing ourselves, making her babies or Barbie's dance, or singing along. 

6. Favorite moment these past months?
Like I said, Disney World was so AMAZING with a child because we got to see her experience everything for the first time and see the wonder in her eyes. Though she was unsure at first, meeting the characters was something she grew to love, especially meeting Belle and Mickey. And we all cried!


Christmas with her this year was just as magical too. It was our first year for her to do an advent calendar with her, which she loved, and she was enchanted with Santa when she met him too. It was just a beautiful season with her that I hope to always remember!










Watching Ellie become a big sister has been the greatest joy this year. She seemed to understand about my tummy growing with Baby Walt, and since he's arrived, she's practically smothered him with her love. She tells me, "Momma, Baby Walt is the cutest thing I've ever seen!". As Chris pointed out, it's incredible to witness the purest form of love between them, and I hope they always have a close bond.


It's evident that Ellie loves the babies!




Though some of these are duplicates, they are some of my favorites of Ellie being a big sister. 







7. Looking forward to these next months?
I'm so excited for summertime with Ellie-girl...we really enjoyed our time together last year, and now she can do even more! This next year will be my "last year" with her, because then she'll start preschool the following year, so I am just going to try to soak it up!

This silly girl and her silly faces...so glad I've got to capture these!



I also can't wait to see Walt and Ellie friendship grow and blossom over the next year...I better not blink because I'll have a one-year-old and a four-year-old quicker than I think!



8. Visitors
We didn't have any new visitors here, but we did meet many members of the Serrano family in San Francisco on Tess's 60th birthday trip in August. They spoiled Ellie and she loved it.









9. One thing I've learned:
Like I said, I am so grateful to have had these almost three years with just our Ellie-girl. It's amazing how you continue to learn and grow, especially from your children, and what I've learned recently is that though there might not be as many little Valenti running around as I originally thought, I am glad we've been able to focus on Ellie for these years, and think this individual time is just as important as more kids. This is very different than I originally thought, and wondered how anyone could want to stop after just one or two! But now I totally get it. To each their own, honestly. And ours may be "only" three. She's not only helped me realize this, but also her delight in regular, everyday things reminds me to do the same. This past year I've felt more in "my element" than I ever have been, and though those these first weeks as a momma to two has thrown me off a bit, I can see myself getting back to "me" sooner rather than later. 

10. My message to Ellie:
Thank you thank you thank you for letting me be your momma and teaching me how to be one. I am sorry I lose my patience with you, and ask you to do hard things sometimes...but I hope you always know how much I love you and how I am trying to do my best for you, even when I fail. You are such a beautiful little girl, and I am so lucky that you are mine. I can see what a sweet and tender heart you have already (and sensitive, much like mine), and I hope I can teach you how to use it for good. Happy 3rd Birthday sweet girl! I've got one more year with you before school, and just like I've tried to do so far, we're soak up every second of it together. I love you so very much!

Eloise Marie is THREE!

Friend birthday celebration on the Great Lawn at the Myriad Gardens! So special and fun...we are so thankful many friends joined us!
Love the expression on her face! 

Cake made by Aunt Jennie!

A girl and her new bike!



Her actual day was filled with celebrations and special things: pink sprinkle doughnuts, gifts from us, a visit to the zoo (Walt's first), ice cream at Roxy's, and a delicious dinner at Rudy's!










And we had one more celebration with family! 
Ellie continues to tell everyone she had two birthdays, and loved both so much. As she likes to say, "BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!"











Whew! That was a long one with many hours of prep...maybe I'll get less long-winded? Nahhh...probably not, especially when it comes to my sweet babies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment