Thursday, August 30, 2018

Shop Small September

Though August is over, those #augustadventures have been so fun to focus on. It helped me pause at least once a day and look at life a little more with those rose-colored glasses, and I think there's certainly nothing wrong with that. It helped me focus on the last weeks of summer with Ellie and the first weeks of the school year with just Walt for the day. It's helped me look for the beauty that is really all around us, even on hard days or challenging situations. And it was fun taking the time to document them too, even through an exhausting month.

So now that we're five days into September (oops!), I want to focus in on small businesses, including my own. I hope it gives me the space and time for more sharing of the things we create, and that I can put aside the to do's and spend more time creating. Farm Girl Fair is coming up and we hope to have some fun new things as well as the old ideas we've loved too. So fingers crossed we can take them time to use our creativity!

Also, something that I would like to do better is shop small, especially for the holidays, and so I'm going to be sharing some shops I love. We might visit some new places and do some shopping ourselves too, and hope it encourages you to look to those small businesses you know around you and give them your business. I'm excited for this month, as it has been something I've wanted to do for quite sometime! Can't wait to share for #shopsmallseptember.

No comments:

Post a Comment